Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Philippines Inc., a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organization, was recently certified as one of the Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute. The company was also named one of the Best Companies to Work for in Asia by HR Asia.
This is the fifth year TCS Philippines is certified as a Top Employer. The Top Employer certification, done through an independent research by the Top Employers Institute, is based on a comprehensive analysis of TCS Philippines’ human resources environment, assessing HR practices and policies in the following areas: people strategy, digital HR, work environment, talent acquisition and onboarding, learning and development, employee engagement and well-being, rewards and recognition, diversity and inclusion, values, and integrity.
TCS Philippines was named by HR Asia as one of Best Companies to Work for in Asia for the second consecutive year. TCS Philippines is one of the 21 companies chosen among 150 shortlisted companies in Asia that have stepped up to care and provide for employees during the worst of times.
HR Asia’s Best Companies to Work for in Asia® Awards recognizes companies that have shown world-class employee engagement, workplace excellence, and empathy and care for their employees. It is Asia’s largest awards program, covering more than 300,000 employees across 11 markets.
Employees rate their employers using the proprietary Total Engagement Assessment Model (TEAM) survey, which covers collective consciousness, workplace sentiment and team dynamics, making the HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia Awards the only awards program that is entirely employee driven.
“We remain committed to our promise of bringing best-in-class employee experience. These awards are manifestations of these efforts to create a people-centered organization. Our HR programs and policies are designed to enable our employees’ personal and professional growth even during the pandemic,” said TCS Philippines Human Resources Head Arijit Roy.
TCS Philippines Initiatives
One of the values that earned TCS Philippines these prestigious recognitions is the promotion of a malasakit culture among its employees. This culture encourages employees to be more compassionate. Some of the initiatives that demonstrate this are:
- goIT Program in the Philippines — This aims to help students improve their technology skills and encourage them to pursue STEM education and become tomorrow’s technology leaders. Learners are introduced to design thinking, digital technologies and agile methodology to develop and prototype solutions that will improve their communities and support the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. To date, the program has reached 168 students in the Cordillera Administrative Region.
- COVID-19 Malasakit Donation Drive — Through this, employees generated a total of US$12,000, which was then donated to Caritas Manila to help more than 800 jeepney drivers who lost their livelihood due to the lockdown. TCS Philippines matched the amount and another US$12,000 went to Ospital ng Makati for the fight against COVID-19.
- Provision of jobs by TCS Philippines to 736 Filipinos during the lockdown, earning it the JobStreet Hero Employer badge
- A charity concert held by TCS — Employees donated care packages to more than 540 displaced families during Typhoon Ulysses.
- Regular blood donations to the Philippine Red Cross — These have benefitted 1,000 lives and was awarded by the Philippine Red Cross thrice.
Aside from promoting a malasakit culture within the company, TCS Philippines went above and beyond to care for employees during the lockdown through the following means:
- Delivering desktops, laptops and Wi-Fi devices, and providing free Wi-Fi to its employees working from home
- Providing shuttle service for employees who had to work in the office, bringing them from home to the office and back, and providing them with free meals during their work shift
- Giving out weekly compensation instead of the usual monthly salary
- Championing employee holistic wellness through various programs such as Fit4Life, CLICKFIT, Employee Assistance Program and monthly sessions on different mental and physical wellness topics.
“We are honored to be recognized again as a certified Top Employer in the Philippines and one of the Best Companies to Work for in Asia. Caring and providing for our employees is TCS’ top priority. We invest in our people, provide growth opportunities, and implement progressive HR policies that create an empowering culture. These awards further inspire us to keep on giving our utmost attention to our employees so they can become their best at work, at home and in the community,” shared TCS Philippines Country Head Shiju Varghese.